The State Examinations Commission seeks Head of Exams and Assessment Division with responsibility for the management of this Division.
The State Examinations Commission (SEC) is a non-departmental body under the aegis of the Department of Education. The core responsibility of the SEC is the operation, delivery, and development of the Irish state examinations (principally the Junior Cycle and Leaving Certificate examinations) and, for 2021, the system of Accredited Grades.
The HEAD is the principal policy advisor on assessment matters to the Commission and is responsible for the management of the Examinations and Assessment Division, which is the professional Division of the SEC responsible for ensuring the quality and effective conduct of all of the Commission’s examinations. This is a critical top management role.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a 1st or 2nd class qualification at level 8 on the National Qualifications Framework (or equivalent) in a relevant field;
- Hold a recognised teacher education qualification relevant to post-primary level education (minimum Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications) gained through a concurrent or consecutive route;
- Have at least five years’ relevant postgraduate experience which must include at least three years’ satisfactory service as a teacher at post-primary level (other relevant experience may include lecturing, relevant further study and/or educational research);
- Have a proven record of accomplishment as a leader and senior manager with the ability to provide effective leadership and direction in a complex organisation within a constantly changing and frequently pressured environment;
- Have the ability to contribute to the formulation of examination and assessment policy within the strategic direction and policy framework set by the Commission.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS 3 pm, THURSDAY 15th July 2021
Public Appointments Service is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourages applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
For more information and how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/EdMatters_Ad_HEAD