The State Examinations Commission seeks a Director of Operations with responsibility for Irish state examinations.
The State Examinations Commission (SEC) is a non-departmental body under the aegis of the Department of Education. The core responsibility of the SEC is the operation, delivery, and development of the Irish state examinations (principally the Junior Cycle and Leaving Certificate examinations) and, for 2021, the system of Accredited Grades.
The Director is responsible for the design, planning, operation and control of all systems required to deliver the complex and large-scale logistical operation that is the state examinations service. This is a critical top management role. The person appointed will have a pivotal role as part of the senior management team in the SEC, contributing to the development of the strategic direction of the SEC and state examinations service, and implementing SEC strategic plans.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a dynamic and change-oriented individual;
- Have demonstrated excellent strategic and operational management skills;
- Have a proven track record as a leader and senior manager in a large, complex, interconnected organisation within a constantly changing and frequently pressured environment in either the public or private sector;
- Have significant experience of delivering transformational and cultural change through working with partner national and local agencies or bodies;
- Have, or can quickly acquire, an understanding of the education, examinations and assessment sector and its role in the wider economic and social context;
- Be able to make a strong contribution to strategic system-wide education and assessment policy reform and implementation.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS 3pm, THURSDAY 15th July 2021
Public Appointments Service is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourages applications
under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
For more information and how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/Edposts_Ad_DOP